Want to be happy and successful? Who doesn’t? Author and University of Houston Professor Brene Brown has seven suggestions to help you (and me) live a happier and more successful life:
- Want to be happy? Stop trying to be perfect.
- What would you be glad you did, even if you failed?
- To love ourselves and support each other in the process of becoming real is perhaps the greatest single act of daring greatly.
- What we know matters, but who we are matters even more.
- We risk missing out on joy when we get busy chasing down the extraordinary.
- Connection is why we’re here; it is what gives meaning and purpose to our lives.
- Authenticity is a collection of choices we have to make every day.
Here’s one of Brene Brown’s most popular Ted Talks: